Farm Talk: Reasons to Join a CSA
1. Food is medicine. You know what they say, you are what you eat! Local produce is much more nutrient-dense compared to the fruits & veggies you find at the grocery store even if you shop organic only. Our farm is certified organic and we're extremely dedicated to our sustainable growing practices such as regenerative farming. The healthy soil in which all of our CSA produce is raised provides minerals and phytonutrients that are essential to a healthy diet.
2. Reduce your carbon footprint. Being a CSA member is not only better for you but also for the environment! The most obvious reason being that you'll be cutting down on the trips to and from the grocery store. Plus, our produce only have to travel a short distance to our members homes as opposed to grocery store produce that was most likely transported from hundreds of miles away (this also relates back to the fresh factor we pointed out in reason #1).
3. Add new veggies to your diet. We grow a wide variety of fruits & veggies, many of which you might not usually have on your shopping list. As a CSA member you'll expand your diet and get to experience the joy of trying something new. Worried you won't know what to cook? Our recipe blog has you covered!
4. Save time & money. Without having to make those trips to the grocery store and planning what you need each week, you'll have more free time on your hands to focus on other matters (such as preparing delicious meals with your fresh fruits & veggies from our farm). Plus you'll cut back on the money you spend on gas now that you don't have to take so many trips to and from the store.
5. Support your local community. By joining a CSA you're giving back to the community, investing in your local economy, and supporting the environment. As a CSA member, you'll be supporting your local farm to continue to grow & provide fresh, nutrient-dense, sustainably raised food for years to come.
Memberships are selling quick, don't miss out! Sign up online today.
Learn more about our CSA program (how it works, membership sizes, home delivery availability) here and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!